my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Fast Evolution

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fast Evolution
falkel
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3788

posted 06-02-2005 06:45 AM      Profile for falkel        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I've seen on some website that evolving a Pokemon twice within too short a time causes that Pokemon some sort of sickness, altough I can't find the source. Is this true? If yes, what effects does this sickness have?
Kingler
Farting Nudist
Member # 2316

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2005 11:04 AM      Profile for Kingler   Email Kingler   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The "sickness" you speak of was first manifested in the GSC versions of the game. It has nothing to do with evolution of the pokemon. It can only be contracted through contact with wild pokemon or infected pokemon already in your possession. The effect of "Pokerus" is kinda complex from what I remember. It's ultimate benefit is to give that pokemon double the stat experience it would usually get in a battle. Your pokemon will lose the infection if it is kept in your party and your clock hits midnight. If you want to leave it infected make sure to stow that pokemon in the boxes before the clock strikes 12. The main screen will show the pokemons infected status. If they have had it and were cured it will have a little dot that represents that. Hope this helps.

- - - - -
arise chicken, arise

From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2005 11:56 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a bitch to get it. Once you have it, guard it with your life. Spread it immediately and then box everything, and for good measure spread it some more among crap you don't usually use. These can be stored in the box indefinitely. Whenever you want to train a new Pokémon, take one of these guys out and take out a fresh party along with it. Spread it to everyone and then box anything you aren't using.

I, personally, didn't find it in my game. One of my friends got it and I managed to get him to let me have some too. Though today I did find a shiny Pidgey. Woo.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2005 10:33 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One time I started a new game, beat my rival, got my 'dex, caught three or four Zigzagoon, checked their natures, BAM. PokeRus.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2013, Maximum Penetration Industries.