The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » That friggin wet rat...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That friggin wet rat...
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 04:24 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is the updated list of the requirements for getting a Surfing Pikachu in Stadium. I am fairly confident that we have answered all questions at this point.

Absolutely required:
1. Play and win R-2 Prime Cup Master Ball, without saving
2. Pikachu must be on your 6-member team
3. All Pokemon must be directly chosen from the game pak
4. Pikachu must be on the final 3-member team

Things I've read that turned out to be unimportant:
1. Pokemon do not have to be in your party
2. You can re-enter
3. You can use a regular Continue (but you can't save)
4. Pikachu does not have to be from Yellow game
5. Pikachu does not actually have to show his face in any battle
6. Pikachu does not have to be on every 3-member team
7. You can register your team at the beginning of play, but if you try to use that registered team later, it won't work

Miscellaneous: You can choose the attack that Surf replaces.

Please let me know what your experiences have been, so we can nail this thing down.

Thanks!

---------------------------

My first test case:

Yellow Pikachu selected from party, Mew and Mewtwo (yuck) selected from GB Box 8, 3 rentals selected to flesh out Hall of Fame.

Pikachu on every 3-man team, but never showed up in any battle, to test that theory.

Result: No Surfing Pikachu.

Hey, I know this is old news, but I only have one Pokedex entry left...plus, I've never used Substitute before, so I wanted to see what Mewtwo's like with it...not quite as unstoppable as I thought. I see why M2 users all hate Snorlax.

Extra Credit: Do you get to pick which move Surf replaces, or does it just take the first slot or something?

------------------
"...interesting things happen along borders -- transitions -- not in the middle where everything is the same." -Neal Stephenson

[This message has been edited by Mr. K (edited 02-03-2001).]

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 04:36 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's what GameSages has to say:

Get Surfing Pikachu
Yes, it's true: Surfing Pikachu is hidden in Pokémon Stadium. To teach your Pikachu Surf (a technique it can normally not learn), you need to first unlock the R-2 (Round 2) mode. Then do the following:

-Enter the R-2 Prime Cup's Master Ball division (you have to beat the first three divisions first).
-Assemble a team that contains a Pikachu that does not yet know Surf. You HAVE to use a Pikachu from your Game Boy game. You cannot unlock Surfing Pikachu using a Rental Pokémon.
-Do not register your team! Pick it directly from your Game Boy cartridge.
-You now have to beat the Prime Cup's Master Ball division using a three-Pokémon team that always contains Pikachu. Pikachu has to be in every one of the eight battles.
-You are not allowed to use any continues. If you do, you won't get Surfing Pikachu.

Once you have fulfilled all the above conditions and beaten the cup, you are shown an award screen with Pikachu standing on a surfboard. From here on, Pikachu can use the Surf technique both in battle and during gameplay (Game Boy versions only). If you've got Pokémon Yellow, you can now also access the hidden Surfing Pikachu mini-game. Simply go to the small hut on the northern beach of Route 19.

Hope this helps, chief.

------------------
"The fact of the matter is, I'm fucking brilliant. Not was brilliant, am brilliant."-Pete Townsend: pompous bitch

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 04:38 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I know what a lot of sites say, but I'm more concerned with personal experiences. Have any of you done what this site suggests and had it not work?

If so, what?

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 04:39 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
All I can offer is my one test case:

Yellow Pikachu selected from party, Mew and Mewtwo (yuck) selected from GB Box 8, 3 rentals selected to flesh out Hall of Fame.
I think you didn't get surfing pikachu due to the 3 rental.Personnaly,I used a lax,a weepinbell,a raichu that were in a box.I used a M2 with sub/DT/rest/psychic to win,and he was in my party with Pikachu
Pikachu on every 3-man team, but never showed up in any battle, to test that theory.

Result: No Surfing Pikachu.

So...there's at least one more requirement, but I can't be sure which thing invalidated my attempt.

So, what have you guys come up with?

Post your possible requirements, and let's see if anyone can come up with cases to the contrary.

Hey, I know this is old news, but I only have one Pokedex entry left...plus, I've never used Substitute before, so I wanted to see what Mewtwo's like with it...not quite as unstoppable as I thought. I see why M2 users all hate Snorlax.

[B]EXTRA EDIT:[B]you choose the slot,as if a TM has been used.

------------------
teehee! just a thought: THE MASTER could be a paranoid schizophrenic stalker hacker serial killer. =P boy are you in trouble! -spunman about TheMaster

[This message has been edited by D-Teclis (edited 01-26-2001).]

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 04:48 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
D-Teclis: I used a lax,a weepinbell,a raichu that were in a box.I used a M2 with sub/DT/rest/psychic to win,and he was in my party with Pikachu...

Did you use Pikachu in every battle?

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 04:50 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Did you use Pikachu in every battle?

(I knew I said It weirdly)
Pikachu was In my party each time,but he never attacked.

------------------
teehee! just a thought: THE MASTER could be a paranoid schizophrenic stalker hacker serial killer. =P boy are you in trouble! -spunman about TheMaster

[This message has been edited by D-Teclis (edited 01-26-2001).]

waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 05:05 PM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you have to have it show up in every battle. I always opened with it then switched.

Getting Surfing Pika was the most tedious part of stadium.

------------------

ImmortalFreezer
Farting Nudist
Member # 1261

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 05:07 PM      Profile for ImmortalFreezer   Author's Homepage   Email ImmortalFreezer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Cool. Something I can answer effectively.

quote:
So, here are the requirements we know:
1. Yellow version Pikachu

Actually no, thats wrong. Any version Pikachu will work. I've tested it myself.

2. R-2 Prime Cup Master Ball
3. Pikachu must be on every 3-member team picked

Both correct.

Claims I'm not sure about:
1. Team must not be registered

True.

2. Pikachu must actually appear in each battle

Not true. It only has to be in your team.

3. No Continues

Not true. You CAN continue. Tested it myself.

4. All Pokemon must be selected from game pak

Perhaps true. I never used rentals.

5. All Pokemon must be in your party

*Shrugs* I doubt it.

Extra Credit: Do you get to pick which move Surf replaces, or does it just take the first slot or something?

You DO get to pick which move it replaces.

Theres one thing no one mentioned. You can use as many continues as you want but you must play all eight battles in one sitting. This means that you cant "Save and Quit" to ensure that you move on each round (If youre about to lose, you can just turn it off and start from where you last "save and quit"ed).

So heres the new list of requirements:

Definate Requirements

1. R-2 Prime Cup Master Ball.

2. Pikachu must be on every 3-member team picked.

3. Team must not be registered.

4. You must play all eight battles in one sitting.

Supposed Requirements

1. All Pokemon must be selected from game pak.

2. All Pokemon must be in your party.

Extra Credit Answer: You CAN select the move SURF replaces.

Even if we dont know if rentals are allowed or not, this should be all the info needed to get a Surfing Pikachu. Just be sure to use no rentals.

Glad to help out. Im 99% sure all of this info is correct. Its been awhile since I actually tried to get one.

------------------
Sig coming Feb. 2001!
(June 2002 if Nintendo makes it)

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 05:17 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
<enters stupid question mode>

How do I unlock R2-mode? Do I have to beat *all* cups at poké- great- ultra- and masterball, or just one? (Which one?)

</goes out of stupid question mode>

------------------
A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without a bunch of bricks tied to its head.

I'll get my 5 way max Vileplume some day!

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 05:54 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
D-Teclis: Pikachu was In my party each time,but he never attacked.

Does that mean he never attacked, or you never let him out of the Pokeball?

waruimewtwo: I always opened with it then switched.

Hmmm...a new question: is Pikachu allowed to faint? Switching sucks.

I guess you didn't get Amnesia Psyduck?

K: 2. Pikachu must actually appear in each battle
Immortal Freezer: Not true. It only has to be in your team.

If that's the case, then my team failed for some other reason.

The Continue/Save and Quit issue interesting. Thanks.

I satisfied all 4 of your definite requirements, so there are obviously more. Maybe all Pokemon must be from your game pak...

Anyone else?

Lark84: Do I have to beat *all* cups at poké- great- ultra- and masterball...?

I think so, but I forget...

Oh...another potential problem...that damn Gambler got lucky the first time and I just Re-entered instead of going back to the beginning. Has anyone found that to matter?

Amazing how confusing such a simple thing is...

[This message has been edited by Mr. K (edited 01-26-2001).]

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 06:06 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
D-Teclis: [b]Pikachu was In my party each time,but he never attacked.

Does that mean he never attacked, or you never let him out of the Pokeball?
He never left his pokeball

The 3 rentals?

------------------
teehee! just a thought: THE MASTER could be a paranoid schizophrenic stalker hacker serial killer. =P boy are you in trouble! :) -spunman about TheMaster

waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 03:44 AM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

waruimewtwo: [b]I always opened with it then switched.

I guess you didn't get Amnesia Psyduck?

[This message has been edited by Mr. K (edited 01-26-2001).][/B]

Actually, I did. I actually did that before i even got to r2 so I forgot.

All i did was follow the requisites at Gamesages and it worked for me.

And I'm not sure if pikachu can die or not. Yes, switching sucks.

Attack and kill Gambler as fast as you can before you get par and killed.

------------------

Wintermute
My custom title sucks.
Member # 5

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 11:52 AM      Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage   Email Wintermute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's what I remember from my experience.

1. Yellow version Pikachu

Mine was Blue.

2. R-2 Prime Cup Master Ball
3. Pikachu must be on every 3-member team picked

Yes.

2. Pikachu must actually appear in each battle

No.

1. Team must not be registered

Interesting question, and I don't know. My guess is that you're right, based on these next few items.

3. No Continues

Again, don't know for sure. (What am I good for?) Suspect it doesn't matter.

4. All Pokemon must be selected from game pak
5. All Pokemon must be in your party

Well, based on the above and your own anecdote, 5 almost looks like it must be the one, which would also make 4 true.

Hmm. Actually, I also wouldn't be surprised at all if you can't use any rentals.

All of this might have been addressed convincingly in this thread, but I figured I could pick my memory most clearly without peeking.

I see why M2 users all hate Snorlax.

M2 users hate everything and have small penises.

Extra Credit: Do you get to pick which move Surf replaces?

Yes.

[This message has been edited by Wintermute (edited 01-27-2001).]

From: Winnipeg, Manitoba | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ImmortalFreezer
Farting Nudist
Member # 1261

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 12:54 PM      Profile for ImmortalFreezer   Author's Homepage   Email ImmortalFreezer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yes. He's allowed to faint although you dont even need to use him in any battle. My brother got his Surfing Pikachu by Using Mewtwo, Mew, and Pikachu in each battle. Pikachu never saw action once yet he got the move Surf.

If youre desparate for one, just use M2, Mew, Pikachu, and 3 random Pokemon (all from your game pak). Not only will you get it, but with Mewtwo and Mew, you'll get it easily (Although cheaply)

K: 2. Pikachu must actually appear in each battle
Immortal Freezer: Not true. It only has to be in your team.

Must be the rentals.

The Continue/Save and Quit issue interesting. Thanks.

No problem. Trying to do it without continues is a bit hard with the Gambler. Just be sure not to save in any way and you'll get it.

I satisfied all 4 of your definite requirements, so there are obviously more. Maybe all Pokemon must be from your game pak...

Yeah probably. Thats not too hard though.

Lark84: Do I have to beat *all* cups at poké- great- ultra- and masterball...?

To get to Round 2, you have to beat The Pika and Petit Cup. You have to beat all 4 rounds of both the Poke and Prime Cup. You also have to defeat the Rival at Gym Leader Castle. After you do all of that (Not only will you have Dodrio Mode) but Mewtwo will appear above the stadium. You can use all 6 of your Pokemon to fight it. Its not too hard as it has the terrible moveset of Thunder, Blizzard, Psychic, and Rest. After you beat that, Round 2 will finally open up so you can do it all over again. In round 2, the AI gets a jump so the opponents arent so terribly stupid. Its not like theyre that hard anyway though. Good Luck!

Oh...another potential problem...that damn Gambler got lucky the first time and I just Re-entered instead of going back to the beginning. Has anyone found that to matter?

Not a clue. Just use a continue if you have one.

------------------
Sig coming Feb. 2001!

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 01:26 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, I just got Surfing Pikachu...Freeze, I wasn't just trying to get him, I'm trying to figure out exactly what it takes to get him, so I can put that info on the site.

That's why I don't just want what some other web site says, I want the right answer...so, here's what I've got now...

Requirements:
1. R-2 Prime Cup Master Ball
2. Pikachu must be on every 3-member team picked
3. Team must not be registered
4. All eight battles in one sitting
5. All Pokemon from game pak

Things that don't matter:
2. You can re-enter
3. Pikachu does not have to be from Yellow game
4. Pikachu does not actually have to show his face in battle

You do get to pick the replaced move...and watching Pikachu forget an old one is terribly cute.

This is also consistent with Wintermute's findings. Anyone find anything that conflicts with this?

Wintermute: M2 users hate everything and have small penises.

Damn straight.

ImmortalFreezer: In round 2, the AI gets a jump so the opponents arent so terribly stupid. Its not like theyre that hard anyway though.

Hey, speak for yourself. I gave up trying to beat that cheating CPU with my real team. I got thru the R2 E4, by replacing my Koffing with my Dodrio, but I never made it past R2 Prime Cup Master Ball with my team. I tossed a Mew in there and I was fine.

Anyway, thanks for your help everyone.

Anyone else have something to add?

I think I'm going to try some more times to see if I can prove or disprove any of the above...

...but not right now!

------------------
"...interesting things happen along borders -- transitions -- not in the middle where everything is the same." -Neal Stephenson

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 01:59 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
addendum:a raichu can be used for this?

------------------
teehee! just a thought: THE MASTER could be a paranoid schizophrenic stalker hacker serial killer. =P boy are you in trouble! :) -spunman about TheMaster

ImmortalFreezer
Farting Nudist
Member # 1261

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 02:27 PM      Profile for ImmortalFreezer   Author's Homepage   Email ImmortalFreezer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good point K. Some of those R-2 trainers are cheating SOBs. The one I hate the most is the fucker with lots of Pokemon with T-wave and Wrap. It can take up to 30 minutes to beat him/her if you get paralyzed. Generally though, there are only a few trainers that are that cheap. It took some serious self-control to refrain from acts of controller spiking fury after bouts with them.

The majority of the trainers still have little idea as to what theyre doing. Some use Toxic Seed. Another uses Focus Energy/Thrash on most of his Pokemon.

So yeah its pretty hard at some points. Mostly when the opponent uses cheap tactics. Otherwise, its not too bad. Using Mew/Mewtwo can definately help out.

------------------
Sig coming Feb. 2001!

Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 08:59 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Wintermute: M2 users hate everything and have small penises.

Not all M2 haters are male,but I don't wanna start another Mewtwo argument.

Things that don't matter:

Erm,what do you mean by "Pokemon in your party?" I'm confused.

2. You can re-enter
4. Pikachu does not actually have to show his face in battle

Sh*t! If I had known that earlier,getting Surfing Pikachu wouldn't have been so hard
in my last playthrough! I recall using
a Level 20 Pikachu,and the dumb-@$$ switched and got his Tauros fully paralyzed for six rounds,and his Mew was paralyzed too!

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2001 11:06 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pikachu does not need to be in each of your eight teams. I only put him in for the last fight(he didn't even take part).

I could never get surf if I continued though(this includes saving and quitting).

This is how I got him anyways.

------------------
"you dirty, motherless son of an icecream maker!" - Geese Howard, FF Special

MacPPC
Farting Nudist
Member # 1337

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2001 03:14 PM      Profile for MacPPC   Email MacPPC   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i just(about five minutes ago) got a surfing Pikachu in lvl 8(i'm really gonne kill Brock!!)i picked it on all of the eight battles but he never showed in the fight(it did was on the three that fight),i used continues, and worked really well.

------------------
People get lost on their toughts because it's an unexplored territory

From: Xalapa,Veracruz,México | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2001 05:59 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M2 users hate everything and have small penises. -Wintermute

Today must be good quote day.

------------------
-cfalcon

"15 year old Pokémon pimps. Really now. -Annon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2001 08:54 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gloomboy: Not all M2 haters are male...

Female Mewtwo users have small penises, too.

Erm,what do you mean by "Pokemon in your party?"

That is, the Pokemon don't have to be in your party on the Game Boy. They can be in any box in the Game Boy.

geese: Pikachu does not need to be in each of your eight teams.

Really?

Wow. So...does anyone have the balls to go thru the game without ever picking Pikachu on their 3-man team to test if that's necessary?

I could never get surf if I continued though(this includes saving and quitting).

I can confirm that it works with regular Continues. I did not try Saving, tho.

Well, I want that blasted Psyduck, so maybe another trip thru while I listen to the radio will be OK...

------------------

geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2001 09:33 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope, Pikachu has to make at least one appearance(IIRC). I forgot to put him in for the last match once and there was no surfing for me.

Besides, R2's a walkthrough with a max speed Grep.

------------------
"you dirty, motherless son of an icecream maker!" - Geese Howard, FF Special

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2001 12:35 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, you're right.

If you don't put him in at all...no moist Pikachu for you.

I'm going to go up and modify the first message with the latest findings.

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2001 01:34 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very helpful indeed.
From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 02-01-2001 03:05 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Updated bump:

If Pikachu is only in the first battle, no moist rat. If Pikachu is in only the last battle, you get da prize.

That leaves using a registered team and the Save thing as the only personally untested issues left.

Just out of curiosity...how does the "specialness" applied to Yellow Pikachus in Stadium work? That is, if I move Leon, my Yellow Pikachu, to my blue pak, will he still talk and have the different animations? How about if I take a Blue Pikachu and move him to my Yellow pak?

This isn't all that important, but I'm interested...

MacPPC
Farting Nudist
Member # 1337

Member Rated:
posted 02-02-2001 12:33 PM      Profile for MacPPC   Email MacPPC   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you move your yellow Pikachu to another cart (r/b) it'll be just like any other pikachu you can caught in r/b.It'll lose his special abilities of walking around with you and talking in stadium.I don't know what happens when you return it to the yellow cart

------------------

Dante
Farting Nudist
Member # 746

Member Rated:
posted 02-02-2001 01:35 PM      Profile for Dante   Author's Homepage   Email Dante   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MacPPC's right and it does gets it's quirks back when traded back to yellow. It's to do with the yellow OT & ID on the correct yellow cart, since you only get one pika in it.
Wonder what would happen if you sharked a second yellow pika on it...

I traded a low Level blue pika to my yellow to get surf on it. It was a team effort with my mate, his Mewtwo and my Gyarados. The pikachu always came out first, got in one quick attack and then fainted. We didn't use any continues and pika was in our team all the time. (Tho now you found out we could have used continues, agggghhhhh! We nearly pissed ourselves on the close last battle.)

So you can use ya mates pokes but don't think you're allowed rentals in the party for some reason.

/me fwaps all the newbies that had surfing pikachu's at the tour.
I was the only one with a surfing Raichu. Evolve it you lemons!
(Course, they may only have had the yellow version...)

------------------
"ZZZzzz..." - Silent Bob

From: UK, universe 10812 version 2 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2001 01:08 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...so if it just checks to see if your trainer number matches the number of the Yellow cart, even a Yellow Pikachu from a different Yellow cart, in your Yellow cart, wouldn't work. Interesting...but it makes sense and is a pretty reasonable check.

Dante: Tho now you found out we could have used continues, agggghhhhh!

And you didn't need Pikachu in every battle either, so you could have put another tough guy in for the first 7 battles...

So you can use ya mates pokes but don't think you're allowed rentals in the party for some reason.

Nope, no rentals...but if you've got a Mewtwo and don't need other tough guys, you can throw on a Metapod, Weedle, or whatever else you need to fill up your Hall of Fame and get 1/50th of the way to Amnesia Psyduck.

By the way, updated the list again.

I am slightly interested as to what happens if you use a Pikachu that already knows Surf, but I'll have to wait til something else good is on the radio to find out...

------------------
"Somebody shoot me while I'm happy!" -Fats Waller

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2001 10:25 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hehe, nice quote from Wintermute...

------------------
"M2 users hate everything and have small penises."
-Wintermute

MacPPC
Farting Nudist
Member # 1337

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2001 12:01 PM      Profile for MacPPC   Email MacPPC   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
even a Yellow Pikachu from a different Yellow cart, in your Yellow cart, wouldn't work.

Yes that's right i have restarted the yellow cart about three times and now the Pikachu formerly speaking pikachu is just like the renatl one and it's surfboard is now PINK(wich sucks i like the blue one).

------------------

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2001 09:49 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To everyone that posted info on this topic, you have my thanks.

Tonight I finally got my Surfing Pikachu!

Now all I have to do is figure out the rules on the Surfing Minigame...

------------------
This is not a signature.

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 02-05-2001 01:03 AM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard a rumor that you could get Flying Pikachu in Chromatic Stadium with one more requirement: that Zapdos or a NOR/FLY was also among the three in the last battle. Can anyone verify or falsify that?

------------------
Coming Soon... The Pokémon Hotline Server...

hotline://24.65.195.141

Sneak preview available now! Grand Opening next week. (Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Weekends from 4:30 PM MST to 10:00 PM MST)

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2001 05:02 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Thom! Glad to be of service.

The info finally made its way out of the forums and on to the real site today, too.

kelv: I heard a rumor that you could get Flying Pikachu in Chromatic Stadium...

Sounds so unlikely that I don't feel like wasting the time to see if it'll do anything. I'll just feel stupid, like someone who's been convinced to try something painful to get Mew...

Let us know if you find anything out, tho, that'd be cool, especially if there's some balloon animation.

------------------
"Somebody shoot me while I'm happy!" -Fats Waller

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2001 08:39 AM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Be grateful! I did it! NOTHING. At least with mine Zappy (my mind says that perhaps a critter with FLY is needed). I think the major test would be to Shark up a Chu with Fly; see if there's any special animation or does it do a Dugtrio and float up in the air. No, I'm lazy and don't feel like doing it, not until later though.

Blah.

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dan and the Kirbys
Farting Nudist
Member # 221

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2001 01:16 PM      Profile for Dan and the Kirbys     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yay Porygon:
BI think the major test would be to Shark up a Chu with Fly; see if there's any special animation or does it do a Dugtrio and float up in the air.

I believe it's been done. No special animation.

------------------
-----------------------
/('.')\ Beware the Kirbys...

Dante
Farting Nudist
Member # 746

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2001 02:57 PM      Profile for Dante   Author's Homepage   Email Dante   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, with the surfing mini game you can use any pikachu with the surf move (not raichu).

It's like that excitebike (spelt wrong) game. I used to play it on the old, old, old NES. Basicly it's pressing the button at the right time to jump off waves and then holding any direction to see how many times you flip around. The more flips the more points you can pull off a good few on the last big wave. Your surfboard must be level with what ever you're landing on, (sloping wave or flat water) or you'll sink for a bit and lose time and speed.

You can print out your high scores with a kawaii picture of pikachu on a beach, but of course, you need a GameBoy printer for that, ne?

Plus I also believe the 'flying' pika is a load of rubbish too.

------------------
"ZZZzzz..." - Silent Bob

From: UK, universe 10812 version 2 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
ImmortalFreezer
Farting Nudist
Member # 1261

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2001 05:44 PM      Profile for ImmortalFreezer   Author's Homepage   Email ImmortalFreezer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why would anyone want fly on a Pikachu anyway? Fly isnt a very good move to begin with (Unless youre wasting PP - something Chus CANT do) Even if Fly were good, what does he need it for?

Fighting? No they have crap special and no one bothers to use them seriously anyway. Even if they do, they have bigger problems than a Flying Pika/Rai.

Bugs? *LOOK OUT!! A WEEDLE!!!*

Grass? Maybe although youd have to be pretty desparate to use a Pikachu with Fly as you main Grass defeating attack.

Pika/Rai have much better things to use than Fly.

------------------
"You are all a bunch of sex-obsessed fuck-up merchants. Now I see why I fit in so well." - Psybro commenting on Karp Park posters.

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 02-06-2001 09:47 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now I know it's BS... it's time to beat up the guy who started this rumor...

OK... Next question...

Can Flying Pikachu be obtained from Metallic Stadium? If so, then how?

Finally... what's your high score on the surfing mini game? I got about 7600 (I did one 500 point jump!)

------------------
Coming Soon... The Pokémon Hotline Server...

hotline://24.65.195.141

Sneak preview available now! Grand Opening next week. (Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Weekends from 4:30 PM MST to 10:00 PM MST)

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 02-07-2001 12:40 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kelv:
Now I know it's BS... it's time to beat up the guy who started this rumor...

*runz*

------------------
"Since when was this post a place used for arguing about Electabuzz DVs?! I seriously don't think anyone else here cares about that." -kikered

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2013, Maximum Penetration Industries.