Grading and Exams:
New Grading Policy
Due to hurricane Irma, classes will continue until 12/20.
- Homework - 30% of the grade
- Two in class midterm exams (30% each) and one take-home assignment (10%).
- The first midterm TBA (within 4 weeks). The second midterm will be given before 12/14
- The take-home assignment will be due on 12/21 and will cover material taught
after the second midterm. This assignment represents approximately
150 minutes of class work.
- The policy of dropping the lowest grade will be replaced by: the last take-home assignment
will be ignored if it lowers your grade in homework and midterms;
if it improves your grade it will be counted in your favor.
Old Grading Policy
- Semester work (60%) based on the average
of the best two of the following three items:
Homework (20%), two in class Midterm exams (20% each)
- The Final (40%) is comprehensive.
- The homework will be assigned by Blackboard announcement/email
- Grade scale, on a curve depending on the overall
performance of the class:
A, A-: 90-100; B, B+: 80-89; B-: 70-79;
C, C+: 60-69; C-: 50-59; D, F: 0-49
This page will be updated